Coronavirus: Latest Global Developments
Faizan Hashmi 2 months ago Wed 09th June 2021 | 04:48 PM
Here are the latest developments in the coronavirus crisis: - Bon appetit France - The French will be able to eat inside restaurants and stay out until 11 pm for the first time in months as the country's curfew and other restrictions ease as vaccinations rise
Paris (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 9th Jun, 2021 ) :Here are the latest developments in the coronavirus crisis: - Bon appetit France - The French will be able to eat inside restaurants and stay out until 11 pm for the first time in months as the country's curfew and other restrictions ease as vaccinations rise.
- Anti-vax pharmacist jailed - A vaccine-sceptic pharmacist in the US is jailed for three years after admitting tampering with hundreds of Moderna doses by removing vials from refrigerators hours before their use.
- Back in black - Spanish retail giant Inditex -- owner of huge fashion chains such as Zara and Bershka -- says strong growth in online sales helped it return to profit in the first quarter.
- Complicated Copa - New doubts gather over the Copa America football tournament five days from kick-off as Brazil's Supreme Court considers blocking it and the Brazilian team say they are against it being held there.
- Oz baseball dream in tatters - Baseball Australia makes the "gut-wrenching" decision to end their Olympic dream, pulling out of this month's qualifier in Mexico citing "insurmountable" challenges during the pandemic.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber threat - "Cats" and "Evita" creator Andrew Lloyd Webber says he is prepared to be arrested if the UK government does not lift all restrictions on June 21 when his hit musicals are due to return to London's West End.
The figures are based on reports by health authorities in each country, but do not take into account upward revisions carried out later by statistical bodies.
The WHO says up to three times more people have died directly or indirectly due to the pandemic than official figures suggest.