Football: Ancelotti Rules Out Bayern Return For Schweinsteiger
EAST RUTHERFORD, United States, (APP - UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 4th August, 2016) - Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out a return for Bastian Schweinsteiger, as the German champions finished their US tour. "Schweinsteiger plays no role in our planning," said Bayern's new Italian coach after Bayern's 1-0 defeat to Real Madrid in a friendly in New York. "He is a fantastic footballer, but now is not the time to come back to Munich. "Manchester United will decide where he plays - that is not my business." Schweinsteiger, 32, left Bayern for Manchester United in 2015 after 17 years with the Bavarian giants. But on Monday he learnt he has been demoted to the Premier League side's reserves by new manager Jose Mourinho.
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had hinted this week that they would be interested in re-signing Schweinsteiger. But Ancelotti, who has replaced Pep Guardiola as Bayern coach, has now poured cold water on any speculation as his new team finished their three-match tour of the US. He is one of nine players told they are free to go on loan by Mourinho and are not in the United boss' plans. Schweinsteiger announced his international retirement last week after 12 years, 24 goals and 120 appearances for Germany.