Haftar's Army Refutes Involvement In Recent Rocket Attack On Tripoli

(@FahadShabbir)

Haftar's Army Refutes Involvement in Recent Rocket Attack on Tripoli

CAIRO (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 17th April, 2019) The Libyan National Army (LNA), led by Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, told Sputnik it was not responsible for a rocket attack on the Libyan capital Tripoli as it was claimed by local media.

The Libya Observer reported in the early hours of Wednesday that several rockets had been fired at Tripoli, killing four people and injuring 23 others.

The newspaper claimed Haftar's forces were responsible for the attack.

"Tonight, the Libyan army did not use heavy weapons during military operations," LNA spokesman Khalifa Obeidi said.

He accused some groups operating in Libya of intentionally targeting residential neighborhoods in Tripoli using Grad launchers to put the blame on the LNA.

Related Topics

Your Thoughts and Comments