South Carolina Governor Lifts Evacuation Orders For Southern Coast Amid Hurricane Florence

South Carolina Governor Lifts Evacuation Orders for Southern Coast Amid Hurricane Florence

South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster's office announced on Tuesday that he has lifted evacuation orders for southern counties that were threatened by Hurricane Florence.

WASHINGTON (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 11th September, 2018) South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster's office announced on Tuesday that he has lifted evacuation orders for southern counties that were threatened by Hurricane Florence.

"Residents in the southern most parts of South Carolina no longer need to evacuate due to Hurricane Florence," the release said.

In accordance to updated predictions from the National Hurricane Center, McMaster lifted the mandatory evocation order for Beaufort, Colleton, and Jasper countries, with the exception of Edisto Beach.

Earlier on Tuesday, the National Weather Service said Hurricane Florence had slightly weakened, but is expected to regain its strength later in the day.

Aside from South Carolina, mandatory evacuations were ordered in the states of North Carolina and Virginia.

Those states, along with Maryland and the District of Columbia, have all declared a state of emergency in order to mobilize resources in advance of the storm.

Florence is expected to make landfall somewhere along the southeastern United States, likely near the border between the Carolinas, late Thursday or early Friday.

Your Thoughts and Comments