Trump Condemns 'Horrible Massacre' In New Zealand, Says US Stands By Country
Umer Jamshaid 6 days ago Fri 15th March 2019 | 06:16 PM
US President Donald Trump on Friday said in a statement that he condemns the "horrible" terrorist attack in New Zealand, where a gunman killed 49 people and wounded dozens more after opening fire at two mosques
"My warmest sympathy and best wishes goes out to the people of New Zealand after the horrible massacre in the Mosques. 49 innocent people have so senselessly died, with so many more seriously injured. The U.S. stands by New Zealand for anything we can do. God bless all!" Trump said in statement on Twitter.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a separate statement condemning the attack.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. We stand in solidarity with the people of New Zealand and their government against this vicious act of hate," Sanders said in the statement.
Earlier on Friday, a gunman opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. The country's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called the shooting a terrorist act. A total of 49 people are believed to have been killed, and more than 30 others injured. Four people suspected of involvement in the attack have been detained. One person was charged with murder.