Turkey Captures 2013 Border Bombing Suspect In Syria Operation

(@FahadShabbir)

Turkey captures 2013 border bombing suspect in Syria operation

The Turkish secret service has captured in Syria and brought back to Turkey the chief suspect in a 2013 bombing on the border with its conflict-torn neighbour that left over 50 dead, state media said Wednesday.

Ankara, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News, app - 12th Sep, 2018 ) :The Turkish secret service has captured in Syria and brought back to Turkey the chief suspect in a 2013 bombing on the border with its conflict-torn neighbour that left over 50 dead, state media said Wednesday.

Turkish citizen Yusuf Nazik, who is accused of planning the May 2013 Reyhanli bombing, was apprehended in an operation by the National Intelligence Organisation (MIT) in the Syrian city of Latakia and brought to Turkey, the Anadolu news agency said.

Turkey at the time blamed the bombing -- one of the deadliest in its modern history -- on the regime of President Bashar al-Assad and allied groups.

But the Syrian government rejected the charges.

Anadolu also published a video of Nazik, dressed in a tracksuit top and jeans and standing by a Turkish flag, giving what it described as a "confession", saying he was behind the attack and it had been ordered by the Syrian regime.

He said a man "working for Syrian intelligence" had given the order for the bombing and called on others in Syria to "return before it is too late", saying Turkey will "look after us".

Nazik said he was from the Turkish southern city of Antakya and was 34 years old.

Your Thoughts and Comments