Two Saudi Citizens Injured In Christchurch Shootings - Embassy
Faizan Hashmi 5 days ago Fri 15th March 2019 | 10:33 PM
Two Saudi citizens were wounded in a mass shooting in New Zealand's city of Christchurch, the Saudi Embassy in Wellington said Friday
Earlier on Friday, a gunman opened fire at two mosques of Christchurch. At least 49 people have been killed, according to media reports, and more than 40 others have been injured. Three people suspected of involvement in the attack have been detained and one person has been charged with murder. The country's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called the shooting a terrorist act, saying it was the country's "darkest day.
"The embassy expresses its sorrow and sadness over the deplorable terrorist attack that happened today in Christchurch, and wants to inform about the two injured Saudi nationals currently in hospital. They are provided with psychological assistance and support from the embassy staff," the embassy said on Twitter.
The embassy added that it was in constant contact with the authorities of New Zealand to receive up-to-date information about the condition of the victims.