Open Menu

Read Complete Collection of 15 Shaban Hadith with References

15 Shaban Hadith - At UrduPoint, you can read the complete collection of 15 Shaban Hadith. You can read 15 Shaban Hadith in Arabic here. Also, the translation of every 15 Shaban Hadith is available in Urdu and English. All the 15 Shaban Hadith are from authentic Hadith books and are available with references.

Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 1648

It was narrated that Umm Salamah said: “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to join Sha’ban to Ramadan.”

Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 1647

It was narrated from Qasim Abu ‘Abdur-Rahman that he heard Mu’awiyah bin Abu Sufyan on the pulpit saying: “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to say from the pulpit, before the month of Ramadan: ‘Fasting will begin on such and such a day, but we are going to start fasting earlier, so whoever wants to start fasting earlier (i.e., in Sha’ban), let him do so, and whoever wants to wait until Ramadan begins, let him do so.’”

Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 1390

It was narrated from Abu Musa Al-Ash’ari that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Allah looks down on the night of the middle of Sha’ban and forgives all His creation, apart from the idolater and the Mushahin.” Another chain from Abu Musa, from the Prophet (ﷺ) with similar wording.

Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 1389

It was narrated that ‘Aishah said: “I missed the Prophet (ﷺ) one night, so I went out looking for him. I found him at Al-Baqi’, raising his head towards the sky. He said: ‘O ‘Aishah, were you afraid that Allah and His Messenger would wrong you?’” She said: “I said: ‘No, it is not that, but I thought that you had gone to one of your other wives.’ He said: ‘Allah descends on the night of the middle of Sha’ban to the lowest heaven, and He forgives more than the numbers of hairs on the sheep of Banu Kalb.’”

Sunan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 1388

It was narrated that ‘Ali bin Abu Talib said: “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘When it is the night of the middle of Sha’ban, spend its night in prayer and observe a fast on that day. For Allah descends at sunset on that night to the lowest heaven and says: ‘Is there no one who will ask Me for forgiveness, that I may forgive him? Is there no one who will ask Me for provision, that I may provide for him? Is there no one who is afflicted by trouble, that I may relieve him?’ And so on, until dawn comes.’”

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2359

Usamah bin Zaid said: I said: 'O Messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Shaban.' He said: 'That is a month to which people do not pay much attention, between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2358

It was narrated from Jubair bin Nufair that 'Aishah said: The Messenger of Allah used to fast all of Shaban.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2357

It was narrated that 'Aishah said: The Messenger of Allah used to fast (all of) Shaban except a little.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2356

It was narrated that 'Aishah said: The Messenger of Allah did not fast any month more than Shaban; he used to fast (all of) it, or most of it.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2355

It was narrated from Umm Salamah: That the Prophet would not fast any month of the year in full except Shaban and he used to join it to Ramadan.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2354

It was narrated from Umm Salamah: That the Messenger of Allah would not fast any two consecutive months except Shaban and Ramadan.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2353

It was narrated that 'Aishah said: The Messenger of Allah used to fast until we said: 'He will not break his fast.' And he used not to fast until we said: 'He will not fast.' And I never saw the Messenger of Allah fast more in any month than in Shaban.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2352

Aishah said: The month which the Messenger of Allah most liked to fast was Shaban; indeed he used to join it to Ramadan.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2321

It was narrated that 'Aishah said: I would own fasts from Ramadan and I would not make them up until Shaban came.

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2191

It was narrated that Simak said: I entered upon 'Ikrimah on the day concerning which there was doubt as to whether it was Ramadan or Shaban, and he was eating bread, vegetables and milk. He said: 'Come and eat.' I said: 'I am fasting.' He adjured me by Allah to break my fast. I said Subhan-Allah twice. When I saw that he was insisting, I went forward and said: 'Give me what you have.' He said: 'I heard Ibn 'Abbas say: The Messenger of Allah said: 'Fast when you see it (the crescent) and stop fasting when you see it, and if clouds or darkness prevent you from seeing it, then complete the number of days of Shaban, and do not fast ahead of the month, and do not join Ramadan to a day of Shaban. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2188

It was narrated from Jubair bin Nufair that a man asked Aishah about fasting and she said: The Messenger of Allah used to fast all of Shaban, and he made sure to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2183

It was narrated that Aishah said: The Prophet used to fast Shaban. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2182

It was narrated that Aishah said: The Messenger of Allah did not fast in any month of the year more than he did in Shaban. He used to fast all of Shaban. ('

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2181

It was narrated that Abu Salamah said: I asked Aishah: 'Tell me about the fasting of the Messenger of Allah.' She said: 'he used to fast until we said: he is going to fast until we said: He is not going to fast. He never fasted any month more than Shaban. He used to fast (all) of Shaban except a little, he used to fast all of Shaban. ' '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2180

It was narrated that Aishah said: One of us (women) would miss some fasts in Ramadan and she would not be able to make it up until Shaban began, and the Messenger of Allah did not fast in any month as he fasted in Shaban; he used to fast all of it, except a little, he used to fast all of it. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2179

It was narrated from Abu Salamah bin 'Abdur-Rahman that he asked Aishah about the fasting of the Messenger of Allah. She said: The Messenger of Allah used to fast until we said: 'He will not fast.' And he used to fast Shaban, or most of Shaban. ' '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2178

It was narrated that Umm Salamah said: The Messenger of Allah used to join Shaban to Ramadan. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2177

It was narrated from Abu Salamah that Umm Salamah said: U never saw the Messenger of Allah fast two consecutive months, but he used to join shaban to Ramadan. '

Sunan An Nasai Hadith No. 2130

It was narrated that Ribi said; the Messenger of Allah said: The Messenger of Allah said: 'When you see the crescent then fast, and when you see it, then stop fasting. If it is too cloudy then complete Shaban as thirty days, unless you see the crescent before that, then fast Ramadan as thirty days, unless you see the new crescent before that. '

Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 4014

Narrated Jarhad: The Messenger of Allah صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم sat with us and my thigh was uncovered. He said: Do you not know that thigh is a private part ?

Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 2320

Ibn Umar reported the Messenger of Allah صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم as saying “The month consists of twenty nine days, but do not fast till you sight it (the moon) and do not break your fast till you sight it. If the weather is cloudy, calculate it thirty days. When the twenty-ninth of Sha’ban came, Ibn Umar would send someone (who tried) to sight the moon for him. If it was sighted then well and good, in case it was not sighted and there was no cloud and dust before him (on the horizon) he would not keep fast the next day. If there appeared (on the horizon) before him cloud or dust, he would fast the following day. Ibn Umar would end his fasting alone with the people and did not follow this calculation. ”

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 3197

Narrated Abu Bakra: The Prophet said. (The division of time has turned to its original form which was current when Allah created the Heavens and the Earths. The year is of twelve months, out of which four months are sacred: Three are in succession Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and (the fourth is) Rajab of (the tribe of) Mudar which comes between Jumadi-ath-Thaniyah and Sha ban.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 3039

Narrated Al-Bara bin Azib: The Prophet appointed `Abdullah bin Jubair as the commander of the infantry men (archers) who were fifty on the day (of the battle) of Uhud. He instructed them, Stick to your place, and don't leave it even if you see birds snatching us, till I send for you; and if you see that we have defeated the infidels and made them flee, even then you should not leave your place till I send for you. Then the infidels were defeated. By Allah, I saw the women fleeing lifting up their clothes revealing their leg-bangles and their legs. So, the companions of `Abdullah bin Jubair said, The booty! O people, the booty ! Your companions have become victorious, what are you waiting for now? `Abdullah bin Jubair said, Have you forgotten what Allah's Apostle said to you? They replied, By Allah! We will go to the people (i.e. the enemy) and collect our share from the war booty. But when they went to them, they were forced to turn back defeated. At that time Allah's Apostle in their rear was calling them back. Only twelve men remained with the Prophet and the infidels martyred seventy men from us. On the day (of the battle) of Badr, the Prophet and his companions had caused the 'Pagans to lose 140 men, seventy of whom were captured and seventy were killed. Then Abu Sufyan asked thrice, Is Muhammad present amongst these people? The Prophet ordered his companions not to answer him. Then he asked thrice, Is the son of Abu Quhafa present amongst these people? He asked again thrice, Is the son of Al-Khattab present amongst these people? He then returned to his companions and said, As for these (men), they have been killed. `Umar could not control himself and said (to Abu Sufyan), You told a lie, by Allah! O enemy of Allah! All those you have mentioned are alive, and the thing which will make you unhappy is still there. Abu Sufyan said, Our victory today is a counterbalance to yours in the battle of Badr, and in war (the victory) is always undecided and is shared in turns by the belligerents, and you will find some of your (killed) men mutilated, but I did not urge my men to do so, yet I do not feel sorry for their deed After that he started reciting cheerfully, O Hubal, be high! (1) On that the Prophet said (to his companions), Why don't you answer him back? They said, O Allah's Apostle What shall we say? He said, Say, Allah is Higher and more Sublime. (Then) Abu Sufyan said, We have the (idol) Al `Uzza, and you have no `Uzza. The Prophet said (to his companions), Why don't you answer him back? They asked, O Allah's Apostle! What shall we say? He said, Says Allah is our Helper and you have no helper.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1909

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet or Abul-Qasim said, Start fasting on seeing the crescent (of Ramadan), and give up fasting on seeing the crescent (of Shawwal), and if the sky is overcast (and you cannot see it), complete thirty days of Sha'ban.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1906

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar: Allah's Apostle mentioned Ramadan and said, Do not fast unless you see the crescent (of Ramadan), and do not give up fasting till you see the crescent (of Shawwal), but if the sky is overcast (if you cannot see it), then act on estimation (i.e. count Sha'ban as 30 days).

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1264

Narrated `Aisha: Allah's Apostle was shrouded in three Yemenite white Suhuliya (pieces of cloth) of cotton, and in them there was neither a shirt nor a turban.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1233

Narrated Kuraib: I was sent to Aisha by Ibn `Abbas, Al-Miswar bin Makhrama and `Abdur-Rahman bin Azhar . They told me to greet her on their behalf and to ask her about the offering of the two rak`at after the `Asr prayer and to say to her, We were informed that you offer those two rak`at and we were told that the Prophet had forbidden offering them. Ibn `Abbas said, I along with `Umar bin Al-Khattab used to beat the people whenever they offered them. I went to Aisha and told her that message. `Aisha said, Go and ask Um Salama about them. So I returned and informed them about her statement. They then told me to go to Um Salama with the same question with which t sent me to `Aisha. Um Salama replied, I heard the Prophet forbidding them. Later I saw him offering them immediately after he prayed the `Asr prayer. He then entered my house at a time when some of the Ansari women from the tribe of Bani Haram were sitting with me, so I sent my slave girl to him having said to her, 'Stand beside him and tell him that Um Salama says to you, O Allah's Apostle! I have heard you forbidding the offering of these (two rak`at after the `Asr prayer) but I have seen you offering them. If he waves his hand then wait for him.' The slave girl did that. The Prophet beckoned her with his hand and she waited for him. When he had finished the prayer he said, O daughter of Bani Umaiya! You have asked me about the two rak`at after the `Asr prayer. The people of the tribe of `Abdul-Qais came to me and made me busy and I could not offer the two rak`at after the Zuhr prayer. These (two rak`at that I have just prayed) are for those (missed) ones.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1230

Narrated `Abdullah bin Buhaina Al-Asdi: (the ally of Bani `Abdul Muttalib) Allah's Apostle stood up for the Zuhr prayer and he should have sat (after the second rak`a but he stood up for the third rak`a without sitting for Tashah-hud) and when he finished the prayer he performed two prostrations and said Takbir on each prostration while sitting, before ending (the prayer) with Taslim; and the people too performed the two prostrations with him instead of the sitting he forgot.

Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 7

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas: Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet? Abu Sufyan replied, I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group). Heraclius said, Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him. Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me. Abu Sufyan added, By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was: 'What is his family status amongst you?' I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.' Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?' I replied, 'No.' He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?' I replied, 'No.' Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?' I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.' He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?' I replied, 'They are increasing.' He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?' I replied, 'No.' Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?' I replied, 'No. ' Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?' I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that. Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?' I replied, 'Yes.' Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?' I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.' Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?' I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.' Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom. I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.' Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statement:) 'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64). Abu Sufyan then added, When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it). The sub narrator adds, Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews). 'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.' While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.' (After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).' (On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience. (When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).

Islam is the basic guide for our everyday matters, and we take guidance from Hadith after Quran; the same is the case for 15 Shaban Hadith. On this page, you can read the complete collection of Hadith on the topic of 15 Shaban Hadith. By reading all Ahadith on this page, you can get complete guidance in all the matters related to Hadith Topic.

You can also copy any Hadith on 15 Shaban Hadith and share it with others who seek guidance regarding 15 Shaban Hadith. This way, you will spread awareness among Muslims about what Islam says about 15 Shaban Hadith.