Ex-employee Kills 19 In Japan Care Home Knife Attack
SAGAMIHARA, Japan,(APP - UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 26th july,2016) - A man who had threatened attacks on disabled people went on a knife rampage Tuesday at the care centre where he previously worked, leaving 19 people dead in Japan's worst mass killing for decades. The 26-year-old had been hospitalised earlier this year after delivering a letter to parliament in which he threatened to kill hundreds of the disabled.
He turned himself in at a police station, carrying bloodied knives and admitting to officers: "I did it." "The disabled should all disappear," he reportedly said. Authorities identified the attacker as Satoshi Uematsu and said he had worked at the care centre for mentally disabled people in Sagamihara, a city of more than 700,000 people west of Tokyo, until February.
They said the attack began in the early hours of the morning when Uematsu broke a first-floor window to get in. Public broadcaster NHK reported that he tied up one caregiver before starting to stab the residents. A doctor at one of the hospitals where victims were taken said some had deep wounds to the neck. "The patients are very shocked mentally and they cannot speak now," the doctor told NHK.