Sindh Govt Decides To Auction 64 Family Planning Vans
KARACHI, Jan 4 (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 04th Jan, 2017 ) : Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has directed the Population Welfare Department to auction 64 family planning vehicles rusting from the last six years.
He issued these directives while presiding over a meeting of Population Welfare Department to review the implementation of its development portfolio here on Wednesday, said a statement. Those who attended the meeting include Minister for Population Welfare Mumtaz Jakhrani, Minister for Works & Services Imdad Pitafi, Chief Secretary Rizwan Memon, Additional Chief Secretary (Dev) Mohammad Waseem, Principal Secretary to CM Naveed Kamran Baloch, provincial secretaries Laeeq Ahmed, Aijaz Memon and other concerned officers.
The Minister Population Welfare Mumtaz Jakhrani said that there were 64 family planning vehicles equipped with a small operation theater and other related facilities were provided by Federal government about six year ago to launch family planning drive all over Sindh.
He added that the vehicles were not strong enough to move in rural areas with such a heavy load of a small OT theater and related facilities. Therefore, the purpose could not be achieved. The chief minister taking policy decision directed the chief secretary to work out a plan to dispose of family planning vehicles and also plan to dispose of other Sindh government vehicles abandoned at Balochistan House, Nazarat and at Sindh Secretariat.
"Make a team of honest and good officers to auction these vehicle in a transparent way," he directed the chief secretary. Secretary Population Mr Laiq Ahmed said that there was a development portfolio of Rs 1,564.314 million to execute six schemes.
He added that the allocation for current year is Rs 745 million. Out of six only two are on-going and four are new schemes. Giving details of the schemes, the secretary said that the scheme for construction of office/hostel/residential building for population training institute at Karachi was launched at Rs119 million.
The government has released 91.5 million that had been provided to Works & Services Department in July 2016 but no progress has been reported so far. The chief minister directed Minister for Works & Services Imdad Pitafi to activate his department because the development of all the departments was stuck up at their end.
He directed Minister Population to personally take up the execution of works with Minister Works. The chief minister directed population department to execute their schemes on priority basis. "You have only six schemes and you can not execute them which is surprising for me," he said and directed them to approve their new schemes at the earliest.